Big Kids capture the bliss of playing music with your good friends, touring in a shitty van, playing killer house shows and seeing life through the prism of punk rock. Melodies and dirt, sing-alongs and feedback, relationships and ideas...all are represented on their debut LP, Hoop Dreams. If you dig bands like Small Brown Bike, Bear Vs. Shark, or New Bruises, this band is already your next favorite.
Recent Tumblr MentionsBig Kids Tour dates! Tue, Aug 07, 2012
We left for tour more than a week ago. Sorry for not posting the dates earlier. This list will be updated as more shows get booked. See you soon! We’ll have copies of the Phone Home LP and the last of Hoop Dreams. Tour has been amazing so far. I’ll post a bunch of pics soon.
We’ll be touring the Midwest and East Coast with Sed Non Satiata (France).
Check em out here… Sednonsatiata.com.
Lancaster, PA. Flyer by Derek Riley
In our six and a half years of being a label, we’ve basically hoarded all of our stuff in a temperature controlled storage unit. Occasionally giving test presses to good causes or to friends as wedding gifts or what have you.
~But we gots billz to pay, baby!~
So here you go: the first 100 of a three part summer eBay auction has loads of gems. Check it out here:
Some of the highlights:
- A Great Big Pile Of Leaves “BOOM” LP Black 20 TEST PRESS
- A Great Big Pile Of Leaves “Live From The Living Rooom” 7” Black /20 TEST PRESS
- We Were Skeletons “S/T” LP Black 10/15 TEST PRESS
- Into It. Over It./Everyone Everywhere Test Pressing 5/9 Black
- Rooftops “A Forest Of Polarity” LP Black 15/20 TEST PRESS
- Into It. Over It. / Castevet “Snack Town” 7 Inch Black 12/17 Test Press
- Caravels “Floorboards” Black /20 TEST PRESS
- Into It. Over It. “Twelve Towns” LP Black /20 TEST PRESS
- Chamberlain “The Moon My Saddle” Black /20 Test Pressing 2xLP
- Caravels/Gifts From Enola “Well Worn” Black /20 TEST PRESS
- You Blew It! “Grow Up, Dude” Black 17/20 Rejected TEST PRESS
- The World Is A Beautiful Place “Formlessness” Black /15 TEST PRESS
- The Saddest Landscape “After The Lights” Black 7/20 TEST PRESS
- Pianos Become The Teeth “The Lack Long After” Black /20 Test Pressing
- The Saddest Landscape “Cover Your Heart” Black 19/20 TEST PRESS
- The World Is A Beautiful Place “Josh Is Dead” Black /20 TEST PRESS
- Prawn “You Can Just Leave It All” LP Orange /20 TEST PRESS
- Code Orange Kids / Full Of Hell Split EP Black 19/20 TEST PRESS
- My Heart To Joy “Seasons in Verse” Blue /100 First Press
- The World Is/Deer Leap “Are Here To Help” Black /20 Test Pressing
- Pianos Become The Teeth/The Saddest Landscape EP Black 20/20 TEST PRESS
- Empire! Empire! (IWALE) “On Time Spent Waiting…” Black 18/20 TEST PRESS
- Grown Ups “More Songs” 12 Inch Black 10/20 Test Press
- The Saddest Landscape “After The Lights” Half Blue/Clear /150 First EURO Press
- Pianos Become The Teeth “Old Pride” Test Press 9/20
- The Saddest Landscape “After The Lights” Pinwheel /100 First Press
- By Surprise “Mountain Smashers” Red w/ Black 13/20 TEST PRESS
- My Heart To Joy “Reasons To Be” Blue 17/20 Test Pressing
- A Great Big Pile Of Leaves “Live From The Living Rooom” 7” Black /20 TEST PRESS
- The Clippers “An Evening With…” Test Press
- Talons “Hollow Realm” White 12/15 TEST PRESS
- The Saddest Landscape “Cover Your Heart” Navy /400 First Press for RSD
- Big Kids “Don’t Be A Baby” Black 17/20 TEST PRESS
Good luck! (and please reblog!!!)
- The Clippers are now writing a new (THEIR FIRST!!!) full-length! Check out some rad new Clippers updates on their blog here.
- The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die is also currently writing their first full length. It will be largely forgettable. I don’t even know why they try anymore. Read an interview Greg Horbal did on AP about TWIABP here, by the way. Good read.
- Caravels is also writing for a new full length record but that will take awhile. They’re nice and all, but just kinda slow.
- The You Blew It! record is recorded. I’ve heard it. It’s brilliant. The art even looks good. It’s like a REAL record, you guys. It’ll be getting mixed and mastered soon and we’ll have details on the pre-order soon as well.
- We should have the Prawn records in within the next two weeks! I for one, can’t wait. I listened to You Can Just Leave It All twice today to celebrate. I suggest you do the same.
- Oh, yeah. EMPIRE! EMPIRE! (I WAS A LONELY FRIGGIN’ ESTATE) IS ALSO WRITING A NEW RECORD! :D!!! The chopped liver of Topshelf Records, you guys.
- Slingshot Dakota have a new record that THEY are working on as well! But you already knew this, you savvy internet user, you, because we announced this recently and you definitely read it then.
- SIRS have a new record they’re working on as well (is a trend developing in this post?). My future self just teleported in and told me it’s on my “Best of 2012” list (the world doesn’t end, also).
- The Saddest Landscape’s After the Lights will be in within the next three or so weeks. Not in time for Christmas, please stop asking me if it will be in your mailbox in time for Christmas.
- Speaking of Christmas, By Surprise has a new holiday song. Listen to it here or you’ll get fruitcake in the gift swap.
- I think We Were Skeletons are eating burritos and being cute somewhere. They’re also about to head overseas for a pretty awesome tour with The Saddest Landscape. Dates are here for you under-a-rock-dwellers.
- A Great Big Pile of Leaves just announced a new tour with Young Statues and Mansions. Dates for that are here. I’d watch that line up every night if I could.
- Into It. Over It. (henceforth referred to as “Evan”) sprained his foot. Awwwwwww. Send him some love.
- Pianos Become the Teeth are cooking spaghetti and synchronized farting together. They’re also playing a STACKED record release show in January that you’d be mad not to attend. They’re also going on a little overseas jaunt with Touche Amore.
- Here is a picture of Big Kids that I like.
2011.05.08 Big Kids - Stara Szwalnia, Lodz
- 8 Oakland @ House
- 10 Redding @ Whatever
- 11 Portland @ Laughing Horse
- 12 Olympia @ Swamp House
- 13 Bellingham @ Jinx Art Space
- 14 Seattle @ The Black Lodge
- 15 Spokane @ HELP
- 16 Camping
- 17 Camping
- 18 Minneapolis @ The Plex
- 19 Milwaukee @ Borg Ward
- 20 Chicago w/Acid Fast @ Albion House
- 21 Columbus, Ohio w/Acid Fast @ Hal and Al’s
- 22 Cleveland, Ohio w/Acid Fast @ Dag House
- 23 Pittsburgh, PA w/Acid Fast @ Kopec’s
- 24 Lancaster, PA w/Acid Fast @ Kiki’s Playground
- 25 Philly, Penn w/Acid Fast @ Bookedish
- 26 New York w/Acid Fast @ SUNY Purchase
- 27 New York w/Acid Fast @ HELP
- 28 New Brunswick w/Acid Fast @ Bookedish
- 29 New York w/Acid Fast @ Death By Audio
- 30 Baltimore w/Acid Fast @ Barclay House
- 31 Richmond w/Acid Fast @ HELP
- 1 Greenville @ Tipsy
- 2 Asheville @ HELP
- 3 Nashville @ Bookedish
- 4 Louisville @ Ear X Tacy
- 5 Bloomington, @ TBA
- 6 St. Louis @ HELP
- 7 Oklahoma CIty @ Bad Granny’s Bazaar
- 8 Kansas City @ HELP
- 9 Denver @ HELP
- 10 Flagstaff @ HELP
- 11 Tucson @ HELP
- 12 LA @ HELP
- 13 Riverside/Pomona @ HELP
How hard is it for Big Kids or Joyce Manor to come to the east coast for a tour?
cannonballing into a swimming pool with my dick out and a beer in my hand.
fuck, that?s weird, huh?
Here are some localish shows coming up…
- August 14th @ Gilman w/ Joyce Manor, Shinobu, Tiny Lungs, The Albert Square, Four Tomorrow
- August 18th @ Chrome SF w/ Acid Fast… free show… starts early, so be there before 8 or miss us
- September 4th @ Awesome Fest in San Diego
- September 5th @ Pomona w/ Edhochuli, Dead To Me and more
- September 6th @ Riverside w/ Edhochuli, Joyce Manor, Peanut Butter and Jammage
- September 29th @ SF State w/ Koalacaust
And we?re going on a US tour in the fall… here are a peak at the dates. If you?d like to help, email Jasonromerodude@yahoo.com.
- 8 San Francisco, CA
- 9 Oakland, CA
- 10 Redding, CA
- 11 Portland, OR
- 12 Olympia, WA
- 13 Bellingham, WA
- 14 Seattle, WA
- 15 Spokane, WA
- 16 Missoula, MT
- 17 Rapid City/Sioux Falls, SD
- 18 Milwaukee, WI
- 19 Minneapolis, MN
- 20 Chicago, IL
- 21 Kalamazoo, MI
- 22 Colombus, OH
- 23 Cleveland, OH
- 24 Pittsburgh, PA
- 25 Philadelphia, PA
- 26 New York, NY
- 27 New York, NY
- 28 New Brunswick, NJ
- 29 Baltimore, MD
- 30 Richmond, VA
- 31 Greensboro, NC
- 1 Asheville, NC
- 2 Nashville, TN
- 3 Louisville, KY
- …more dates to come